POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Aurora (7kbu) : Re: Aurora Version 2 (9kbu) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 00:23:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Aurora Version 2 (9kbu)
From: Geoff Wedig
Date: 27 Mar 2001 13:10:59
Message: <3ac0d7b3@news.povray.org>
Gail Shaw <gsh### [at] monotixcoza> wrote:

> Now using multiple sine waves with different frequencies,
> amplitudes and phase. (Thanks Christoph)

> The color is also varied slightly.

Reminds me of the opening credits to Superman: The Movie. ;)

It looks too straight to me.  The pictures I've seen are more like swirls of
lit up mist with tendrils all throughout.  This looks more like a paint line
streaked upwards.  Not sure what method would either fix this or to offer
that might work better, I'm afraid, but keep trying.  It'll be really cool
if you get it to work.

Geoff